Monday, September 28, 2009

stellar moment monday

today started with some school. about ten minutes later, continued with an angry outburst (me then him), tears, prayer, tickling, laughter and kisses. in that order. then school proceeded. trying to figure out what is realistic expectations for this 4 year old. so many ideas in my head of what i'd love to do, but really what is realistic, what can he take. also trying to figure out creative ways, hands on games, activities of teaching stuff. he loves youtube videos of stuff we're learning, so that's been good. just in general trying to figure out how to lay out the week... we are gone so much of the week and i'm not sure i want to cut any of that out especially to keep him/us in others' lives. but want to make the most of school time at home, too. but ahhh yes, he's 4. reading "How do i stop losing it with my kids? Getting to the heart of your discipline problems" put out by CCEF. good stuff. he's definitely not a discipline problem, but I am. i mean sure, he whines and loses interest, will get impatient, but how much am I to expect? so, that's where I'm at. no answers here, just questions, but good ones to struggle through. our little homeschool project this week is: my heart.

No comments: