Thursday, August 28, 2008

love going deeper

i was reading the Bible to Levi this morning, a little quiet time with Jesus together. Genesis 2 and 3 took on a whole new meaning. Adam and Eve must have been so sad. To not have God walk with them anymore in the evenings? To taste that closeness and be left behind in a sense? So who would rescue them from this sadness? Last night I asked Levi how I could pray for him and he said, "pray for me because I am so sad because I need Jesus." Wow. where did that come from? he's really in touch with his feelings. i mean REALLY in touch with them. I think it helps to have a counselor for a Dad... Levi is always using these words to describe himself or his day like sad, frustrated, wonderful, beautiful, angry, so happy, and so on... anyways, i am seeing more of his heart as his vocabulary picks up and it is just amazing. he feels and thinks and processes and reacts and, well, tries to make himself happy with anything else but God. And so do I. And so did Adam and Eve. So, God is going to need to set my son free. That is an amazing announcement in my brain today. It's got to be Him.

No comments: